Breast Plastic Surgery in Boca Raton, FLWhen it comes to breast surgery, there is no substitute for an experienced surgeon. Dr. Handal has over 2 decades of experience and thousands upon thousands of happy patients that will attest to not only his skill, but his eye for perfection. A natural result is always the pursuit for Dr. Handal. Dr. Handal owns his own licensed and credentialed surgery center in Boca Raton, Florida.
Making the decision to have breast plastic surgery is a life-changing jump into a more confident future. But, after you have made the initial decision that surgery is the best option for you, the next choice you make is absolutely critical.
That choice is which doctor you choose.
But how will you know which doctor is the right one for you?
Breast Plastic Surgery - An Empowering Experience
The decision to undergo surgery is not one that you have taken lightly. You have probably spent plenty of time weighing all your options.
Picking the right doctor can be the difference between a life-changing and successful procedure and a disappointing and unsuccessful one.
And for us, there should never be any doubt when it comes to your breast surgery.
It should always be an empowering experience.
There is a distinct art to breast surgery. And, when it comes to trusting that your body is under the right scalpel, you will need a doctor with the expertise, talent, and experience to give you the results you want.
Considering breast plastic surgery and unsure about how to pick your doctor?
Read on for everything you need to know and more.
Breast Plastic Surgery - How to Pick the Best Doctor
There are a number of issues that you will need to consider before you decide on the right doctor for you. After all, your choice of plastic surgeon will be a decision that you will live with for years to come.
Here are some important things to consider when picking your surgeon:
To be confident with your breast surgery results you must be confident in your surgeon. And, in order to have that confidence, you should look for board certification as a minimum requirement.
A good board certification to look for is certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery, an independent, non-profit organization set up to promote safe, ethical, and effective plastic surgery.
Board Certification is an absolute must when you're picking the right doctor. Do not settle for anything less.
It's also a good idea to check that your doctor holds membership in other higher-level associations directly associated with breast plastic surgery itself. One membership to look for is the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Memberships of professional organizations like this will give you some of these important assurances:
- Your surgeon has met nationally recognized standards for training.
- Your doctor has committed to ongoing education requirements.
- He or she is also fully up-to-date with all of the latest techniques and innovations.
2. Level of Experience
Once you have established the credentials of any potential doctor, the next step is to find out the level of experience that doctor has.
Questions to ask here include the following:
- How many of these particular procedures has he/she performed? This will give you a good indication of how well a doctor performs.
- Does the doctor have a clear track record of conducting this procedure? Are results consistent?
- What have the results been like with other patients? Can you view a wide variety of 'before and after' pictures? Can you see previous patient testimonials? What about patient referrals?
3. The Person Behind the Certification and Experience
The doctor you decide to go with for your breast plastic surgery has got to be the right fit for you. Other than certification and experience-related questions, it's crucial that you feel comfortable with your doctor.
There are some very important questions that you need to ask yourself about any potential breast plastic surgery doctor.
- Does this doctor communicate with me in a way that makes me feel comfortable? Is all communication respectful? Is it open?
- Does he or she answer all of my questions in a manner that makes me feel safe and informed?
- Has he or she listened to and addressed all of my concerns?
- Is he or she willing to educate me fully about the procedure?
- Is this doctor someone with whom I can be myself?
- Do I like spending time with this doctor? Do I feel at ease?
- Do I feel like I can trust this surgeon to understand my goals?
- Can I put my faith in this doctor to recommend what is safe and right for me in my particular situation?
- Do I feel happy to share my personal medical history with this doctor?
The right surgeon will understand your goals, address all of your concerns, put you at ease, and make you feel like you are part of a team.
Dr. Handal knows that surgery is a big deal. He will make you feel that you are not in this alone. Great aftercare will be a basic standard for a doctor with this outlook so don't be afraid to ask about follow-up procedures.
4. The Operating Facility
With all surgical procedures, safety comes first. Your safety should be of the main concern for any potential breast plastic surgery doctor.
Before you commit to any surgery, make sure that you are fully satisfied with the operating facility itself, as well as with all pre-op and post-op care procedures.
There are various different levels of accreditation for outpatient surgery centers.
The Agency for Healthcare Administration directs the way in which a facility is designed, built, and managed. That includes requiring certain credentials of medical staff and it also ensures certain provisions for patient safety under emergency conditions.
Breast Plastic Surgery and You
You now have a comprehensive guide on how to pick the best doctor for your breast surgery needs.
Undergoing any surgery is a critical moment in your life. We want to make sure that moment is everything you wish it to be.
If you have any questions or need further advice, reach out and talk to Dr. Handal today.
We're experts in breast plastic surgery and we're always happy to help.